Don’t be fooled; when I say I’m “busy”, it does not include being too-busy-to-shop. There is no such thing! Also – Thank the Lord for Online Shopping! We have some amazing sales here in Dubai these days, and also really cute “winter” stuff. If you know what Dubai is like, you’ll know what I mean by the winter. Here’s what I picked up (or received in the mail) over the last week or so.
Let’s start with Makeup
I had a friend visiting from the US, and I wasted no opportunity to make a cheeky online order and get my goodies from Nordstrom. I love that they carry all kinds of brands, including Charlotte Tilbury and Mac (plus the three free samples – swoon!). Here’s what I got:
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Micro-Powder in 02 Medium
- Charlotte Tilbury Rock n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Barbella Brown. This is a backup of the backup I own in case it ever runs out of stock or gets discontinued. That’s how much I love it!
- Burberry Beauty ‘Kisses’ Lip Gloss in Nude Pink 025. Let’s wait a moment to admire the packaging. Done? Ok, moving on. This is all kinds of wonderful. It smells luxurious, great to layer on top of existing lip colours, and even on its own it adds a little somethin’ somethin’ to the pout. I have to say, it’s not very long lasting though.
- M.A.C. eyeshadow palette in Amber times Nine. I’ve been contemplating buying some M.A.C. eye colours and was delighted when I saw this set, that comes with some of the classics, like Cork. It’s cute and tiny and easy to carry around, and the magnetic lid is a plus.
- For lips, I bought another M.A.C. classic Lustre lipstick – Syrup, and the CT Matte Revolution Lipstick in Amazing Grace. How awesome is the bullet on this lipstick?? It’s not as dark as it looks in the picture, and it also goes on really easy.
Clothes and Shoes
One word – BLAZERS (or Jackets, if you want?). I have been obsessed with these recently. I feel like everyone must own one classic black blazer, which can be dressed up or down depending on what you pair it with. It is such an easy way to fancy-up your look, or pull off the ‘smart casual‘ vibe. I picked up a nice camel colour blazer (great with dark jeans or black pants) from Stradivarius and a lovely maroon/burgundy (hello, fall!) one from Bershka. The sizes at Stradivarius run a little bigger than Bershka, so I got a Small and Medium respectively (also considering getting a navy one). I also got these cute braided design-ish cardigans in Navy and White from Bershka. They were AED99 each, and come in a few other colours too. I think they would be perfect for the Dubai winter.
Lastly, these shoes from Nine West in the colour Natural speak for themselves. I love their sale, and their service. The shoe I wanted was not available in my size, and they actually provide a service where they can order it for you, and have it delivered to your address for free. Bonus, they said it would take 4-5 days, but I had it at my doorstep on the second day. Kudos!
H&M – Home and Beauty
If you want to try anything at H&M, go to their Deira City Centre branch in Dubai. They have the Home section available there, and also have an excellent display of the new beauty range. I picked up a few cute tea towels from the Home range, and the gold leaf cushion covers and the little gold bow tray are already making me feel festive. The copper/rose gold metal tray was also calling out to me, I promise.
The beauty range was stocked right next to the cash counter, and it was comprehensive and well-done. I lost track of time swatching eyeshadows and blush, but I reminded myself that I had more than 30 blushes and bronzers (stop judging!) at home and really did not need to buy more. Instead, I picked up a single eyeshadow in Palm Springs, and a cream eyeshadow pot in Champers – both warm neutrals. I also stumbled across individual peel-off cleansing face masks and the choice was incredible; I got a Manuka Honey one for Combination Skin, and a Charcoal one meant to deep-clean and exfoliate. Let’s see how they work!
Here’s to Retail Therapy! x