The undisputed queen of makeup, or atleast the smokey eye, Charlotte Tilbury, launched her own range of makeup in 2013 and has been conquering the luxury makeup space since. She is a red carpet favourite, and the ‘Bombshell‘ or ‘Uptown Girl‘ or ‘Golden Goddess‘ looks she creates are not only drool-worthy, but also simple to recreate using her pre-packaged ‘Get the Look‘ sets.
I was then on the hunt for a brown eyeliner and I tried the Rock n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Barbella Brown, and I am now on my third one. It is, as the kids say, AMAZEBALLS. Soft to apply, perfect texture, blendable, and super long lasting.
Here is a glance at my current stash of CT Makeup:
Pros and favourites:
- The packaging; the rose gold, the vintage cases, the bullets on the lipsticks *swoon*
- Quality of products. You can tell that a lot of thought has gone into developing the products, and it’s like a best-of-everything collection right there. Skincare benefits, ergonomics, pigment, and ease of use, all packed into one.
- Makeup for dummies. The products are so easy to use, you don’t need complicated brushes or techniques for them. Charlotte (ha! first name basis) has also made them more fool-proof by separating some lines by eye colour (see here) for instance.
- Favourite products. Rock n’ Kohl eyeliner, Retoucher (Concealer), Powder and sculpt brush, Airbrush flawless finish powder.
Not-so-favourite, or Meh:
- Prices; the magic cream is $100!!! I’ll let you take a moment. The brush kit can go up to $320. Gulp.
- Availability. Very exclusively available at Nordstrom only in the US, and online on Beautylish. Still not available in most countries worldwide.
- Some packaging issues. eg: the cap of the colour chameleons that keeps popping off, leaving it dry. Also, having to sharpen the eye pencil twice a week usually #lazygirlproblems #firstworldproblems right there.
HOW BEAUTIFUL IS HER NEW STORE AT COVENT GARDEN??? The Beauty Boudoir is definitely my version of heaven on earth. Serious #goals moment here.
What’s your favourite CT product? x