I am a frequent traveller, and I LOVE going to the Duty Free. I am one of those people who allocate some time for the Duty Free in my travel routine and work backwards from there. It is also no secret that I am self-proclaimed shopaholic and my airport ritual generally includes iced coffee and makeup/fragrance shopping.
Mandatory @dubaiairports @dubai_duty_free shopping. 20% off last night on perfumes, cosmetics, watches and more. Wanted to buy just one perfume but ended up picking 1️⃣ @armanicosmetics Si 2️⃣ @dior addict 3️⃣ @loccitane_me hand cream duos 4️⃣ @clarinsmiddleeast eye makeup remover 5️⃣ @clinique high volume impact mascara All of these are repurchases and my absolute favourites! #shopaholic #dubaidutyfree #dubai #bblogger #ProjectMakeup #mascara #perfume #fragrance #skincare #holiday
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – AED 255-295 in store, AED195 at the airport ($54), $62 Online at Sephora
- Giorgio Armani Si (50ml EDP) – Retails for AED440, Available for AED297 at the airport
- Chanel LA Sunrise Collection – Blush retails for AED295 in store, AED236 ($65) at the airport, and $70 on the Chanel website.
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation – Retails for AED255 in store, AED207 ($70) at the airport and $80 online
- Gucci Bamboo (50ml EDP) – Retails for around AED400 (to be confirmed), available for AED319 at the airport, and further 20% reduction on weekends or other days bringing it down to AED250 or so ($68)
- Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover – AED 145 in store, AED117 ($31) at the airport and $28 online
- Bobbi Brown cosmetics are 20% cheaper than the retail locations (confirmed by the Bobbi Brown staff)
- Kiehl’s is DEFINITELY cheaper at the airport and that’s where I get all my supplies. The Ultimate Hand Salve is AED110 in store, and AED70($19) at the airport. Same with the shampoo; I used to get the Rice & Wheat volumizing shampoo for AED84 ($22) at the airport, and in store it retails for AED132 ($35)
- L’Oreal was actually more expensive by AED10 or so and collection was limited
- L’Occitaine products are about 25% cheaper at the airport
- Jo Malone scents – AED 495 in store, AED 230 at the airport (!!!!!)
Here’s proof if you need it
The same also applies to jewellery, for instance. A swarovski bracelet that I really liked was AED660 in store ($179), but at the airport it was for AED480 ($130). There is also a 20% off every few weeks on all items, or on beauty and fragrance at least so you end up getting a pretty sweet deal.
Some of the other great Duty Free deals are available at Singapore, Amsterdam and London, among a few.
Trust me on this, and buy all your supplies from the Dubai Duty Free next time! x